|Code of Ethics and Conduct|
All Agencies accepted as members of the Universal Au pair Association must agree to abide by the following code of ethics as their minimum standard of conduct.
- Comply with all laws and regulations applicable to aupair placement in the au-pair host country.
- To maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct in the operation of their business and in their dealings with au-pairs, host families other au-pair agencies.
- To maintain the highest standards of integrity and truthfulness in all advertising and publicity.
- To determine the experience and qualifications of au-pairs as may be required. To ascertain allergies, dietary restrictions and child care experience.
- To explain to au-pairs prior to their acceptance of the host family position; their pocket money, applicable benefits, and hours of work. Au-pairs should not be expected to perform heavy duty chores. Their primary responsibility shall be childcare. They may be asked to perform light housework.
- To confirm to host families tht au-pairs must have the opportunity to attend language courses, have a minimum of one week's paid leave for every six month's worked, one day per week completely free, receive free room and board as well as weekly pocket money.
- To ensure that all au-pairs are covered by medical insurance, either paid for by the family or themselves.
- To take required action to address au-pair questions, concerns, or complaints regarding unsafe work conditions, discrimination, or any other matter involving the terms and conditions of their employment without prejudice.
- To provide all au-pairs with a contact list of other au-pairs in their host country, consulates and embassies.
- To safeguard confidential information and render impartial, independent, competent advice to au-pairs or host families.
- To accept only those positions that they are qualified to handle.
- To settle with the au-pair or host family in advance the basis for professional charges. To state their terms of business to the au-pair or host family with clarity.
- To develop realistic and practical solutions to au-pair or host family problems.
- To serve au-pairs and host families with integrity, honesty, competence, and objectivity.
- To keep au-pair and host family information and records of au-pair and host family match confidential and will use proprietary information only with the au-pair or host family's permission.
- To respect the property rights of other au-pair agencies and will not use proprietary information without permission.
- To report any known violations of these Codes of Conduct and Ethics.
Any member (individual or company) found to be in violation of any of these codes of ethics shall be subject to immediate revocation of membership and benefits.